Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways of getting free reviews?
I was wondering, is there a way where I can not pay for reviews but get some free ones? Do you guys have any ideas on how to get people to review your app for free? I know of other free ways like review for a review. But is there a way I can get people to download my app, play it and review it for free? Of course I want the person to buy my app, that's a given, but I would love a way where I can get even more reviews, but for free. Any ideas?
Read here: http://blackhataso.com/showthread.php?tid=50
(11-01-2014, 11:06 AM)Mary T Wrote: I was wondering, is there a way where I can not pay for reviews but get some free ones? Do you guys have any ideas on how to get people to review your app for free? I know of other free ways like review for a review. But is there a way I can get people to download my app, play it and review it for free? Of course I want the person to buy my app, that's a given, but I would love a way where I can get even more reviews, but for free. Any ideas?

https://appreview.me is a great one where developers swap reviews by using karma credits - 1 review gets you 1 karma credit which you can then use to get reviews from developers. Doesn't guarantee 5 star reviews, but you will get reviews and you can buy credits to get more review karma credits.
(01-03-2015, 10:29 AM)Appstoreninja Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 11:06 AM)Mary T Wrote: I was wondering, is there a way where I can not pay for reviews but get some free ones? Do you guys have any ideas on how to get people to review your app for free? I know of other free ways like review for a review. But is there a way I can get people to download my app, play it and review it for free? Of course I want the person to buy my app, that's a given, but I would love a way where I can get even more reviews, but for free. Any ideas?

https://appreview.me is a great one where developers swap reviews by using karma credits - 1 review gets you 1 karma credit which you can then use to get reviews from developers. Doesn't guarantee 5 star reviews, but you will get reviews and you can buy credits to get more review karma credits.

I've heard all appreview.me reviews got recently deleted.
Yeah I read that too after I posted - on iphonedevsdk I think. No idea what happened there. Have to say all my apps that receives the most consistent and free reviews are the ones where I've used irater or similar pop-up rater code. Rate button only seems effective if it's a really good game/app. Pop up rate screens seems togged reviews whether it's good or bad.
To get app reviews freely, it is not easy. The most efficient ways is to find app publishers like you who need reviews freely.

Cross Promotion/Exchange installs & reviews

Once you published your app in Store, you can market it with cross promotion with other apps by installs and reviews exchange. It is free while it is still hard to find that publishers like you. You may try some Cross-promotion networks (CPN), Facebook group or exchange forums. There are many groups on networks where publishers can exchange installs and reviews each other. However, generating installs or reviews from users will take much longer time.

Social media networks

Having a Facebook Page for your app is a must-have where you can ask them how they like your app designs and features and any get feedbacks. Also, you can share any news about your app, etc. However, remember not to make your posts only about your app, though. That is boring. It’s like talking to someone at a party who only talks about themselves.

Make a video

Videos shows great ability even just 30 seconds, it has power to show users why the App is worth a try. Make up a story of your app? Show the real life? Yeah, both OK.

Offline promotion

Make connect with your friends and families. You may ask them to help you spread your app to get installs and reviews in their relationship circle. Also, participate in meetings or conferences that are relevant to your App, and make full use of it to build partnerships.

While if have enough bduget, you may try

Paid ones

Buy app rating & reviews

One app can get reviews, it must get installs firstly. Reviews provider like BestReviewApp will guide real users to install app, play and reviews it with ratings. This method will rank app top in a short period. At the same time, the traffic is from real users which is organic. It will Not have bad impact on apps.

Paid advertisements

Run advertisements on some Android forums, Google ads or social media, it is one common method for publishers to promote app. But you know, there are many people browsing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. There are less targeted audience for your app.

More tips: check my blog: http://www.bestreviewapp.com
http://www.asotop1.com is the best App Store Optimization service.
This sites are for free review exchange. Take a look, you'll find them useful.
- http://smoothreviews.com/?referred_by=4058
-http://appreviewdesk.com/index.php?page=home&refcode=oWIUYj0ZxgLFqzT
Asktolik - Lowcost App Store Optimization (ASO) Services , helping our costumers to increase their App’s performance, increase their profit, and provide guide on how to succeed in the App Business.
Sure, there are ways to get free reviews:
1. Exchange reviews with other developers.

There are many groups on networks where publishers can exchange installs and reviews each other. You can find those group of people at related forums, Facebook groups, and Google plus groups, etc. However, generating installs or reviews from users will take much longer time.

2. Implant an app review plugin.

Build-in an app plugin in your app allows users have a chance to give feedback to the app passively. Because most of the users would not like to review the apps actively. However, there are several things need to be noticed. The plugin should pop up only when users complete the task. Besides, always give an option for users to say “No”. However, it is not a very efficient way to boost reviews.
(09-18-2016, 08:00 AM)Moira Yao Wrote: Sure, there are ways to get free reviews:
1. Exchange reviews with other developers.

There are many groups on networks where publishers can exchange installs and reviews each other. You can find those group of people at related forums, Facebook groups, and Google plus groups, etc. However, generating installs or reviews from users will take much longer time.

2. Implant an app review plugin.

Build-in an app plugin in your app allows users have a chance to give feedback to the app passively. Because most of the users would not like to review the apps actively. However, there are several things need to be noticed. The plugin should pop up only when users complete the task. Besides, always give an option for users to say “No”. However, it is not a very efficient way to boost reviews.

The 2 methods are really good ways to get free app reviews, here I will add some other good ways to get reivews:

Invite Influencers Review Your App Publicly

Most people like to follow others and be influenced by the words of influencers. If an influencer give a positive review to your app publicly, there is a great chance that her/his fan will leave positive reviews on your app.

Run a Contest
This is an effective, simple and safe way to increase your app store reviews. The key is to determine a prize that can motivate maximum number of people to install and leave a review for your app.

Incentivize users to Review Your App
Once your app has developed some user base, you can incentivize them to review your app.. A common way of doing this is providing users with promo codes or other rewards for reviewing your app.

One more efficient way to get app reviews is getting app reviews from third parties, in fact, it will not cost you much, but save much time for you(time is money). Reviewapp4u is a good choice, the price is very competitive, if you order 100+ reviews, 30% off, and 10 more reviews for free. What's more, they support mulitple countries for you to choose from, get your app targted precisely.

Hope those methods are userful to u.
Asotop1 - Providing keyword search installs, boost your app ranking in 8~10 hours.